It’s October 30th! It’s almost November! It’s going to be NaNoWrimo time soon!
I’m tired and it hasn’t even started yet… Crazy huh? As of my last Nano-themed update, I have more news. You can now sponsor me! How exciting. I can raise money for a good cause, being The Office of Letters and Light (who run NaNaWrimo and The Young Writers Program), and I will be even more motivated. If I don’t finish now… oh the guilt… the mounds of guilt… And perhaps a touch of embarrassment, but mostly guilt.
I am attempting to raise $250 and if you wish to sponsor me you can donate as much as you like. I will be grateful for $1. However, for those who donate $5 or more, I will have a present for you. I plan on giving a digital copy of this year’s NaNo novel, Bully Me, to each person who donates $5 and up (after it’s finished and been edited of course). You can find out more details about donating and donate by following this link. I will be placing a link to sponsor me in the side bar with the rest of the NaNo information.
As for NaNo prep updates and more NaNo stuff…
I’ve considered the possibility my planned novel won’t reach the 50,000 word goal and will instead become a novella. If this is the case, I will be making a start on another story idea I have had for awhile after I finish Bully Me. It involves elves, slavery, and isn’t exactly fantastical (such as classic or faerie fantasy, which you’d usually expect elves to appear in). This one was inspired by a dream and I’m really interested to see where it goes.
I feel I’m almost prepared, but I also feel as though I will never be prepared! I’ve got my check list here;
- Schedule posts on BA – DONE!
- Replace writing pants (yes, it’s true, I have designated writing pants) – DONE!
- Bring out my NaNo mug – DONE!
- Share Sponsorship news – Almost done…
- Link up Twitter, FB, and WordPress – DONE!
- Outline Bully Me – Almost done…
- Outline Elves back up – Not done, oh jeez.
- Get as much reading out of the way as possible – Ha! Haha!
- Forget about everything else – DONE! Ages ago.
- Warn everyone about my upcoming bout of madness – Still considering it.